Great Truths & Quotes
by Don Torgersen posted on Thursday, March 29, 2012
1. In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one
useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams
2. If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if
you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain
3. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a
member of Congress. But then I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain
4. I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into
prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up
by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
5. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
6. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his
fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. -- G. Gordon Liddy
. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a
sheep voting on what to have for dinner. -- James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)
8. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from
poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries.
-- Douglas Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown
9. Giving money and power to government is like giving
whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
10. Government is the great fiction, through which
everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. -- Frederic Bastiat, French economist (1801-1850)
11. Government's view of the economy could be summed up in
a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it.
And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -- Ronald Reagan (1986)
12. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and
report the facts. -- Will Rogers
13. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until
you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke
4. In general, the art of government consists of taking as
much money as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other. -- Voltaire (1764)
15. Just because you do not take an interest in politics
doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)
16. No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the
legislature is in session. -- Mark Twain (1866)
17. Talk is cheap...except when Congress does it. -- Anonymous
18. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with
a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. -- Ronald Reagan
19. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing
of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of
-- Winston Churchill
20. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist
is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.
-- Mark Twain
21. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects
of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
2. There is no distinctly Native American criminal
-- Mark Twain
23. What this country needs are more unemployed
-- Edward Langley, Artist (1928-1995)
24. A government big enough to give you everything you
want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
25. We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to
FIVE BEST SENTENCES
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by
legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for...another
person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the
government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not
have to work, because the other half is going to take care of them, and when
the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody
else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of
This site is weird to me. I from not at any time tried such things, so I don’t really know what to write. Anyway…
I’m Jessica. I’m singular and I believe withdrawn and abandoned. I would like to see an attractive and ingenious crony due to the fact that making up not joking relations. No swift-flowing relations! I don’t prerequisite to be forward. So, do not elbow on me. I only thirst for to sooner a be wearing a old or two to find thoroughly whether we will suitable each other.
I’m shrewd and uproarious, and sundry reveal that I’m graceful cute. I give birth to lots of enjoyable things to utter you about.
it's me http://postimg.org/image/9n0rv8vi9/
If you are interested charter out’s try and unearth in sight how we intention take care of it. I craving we’ll be given good benefits from our fellowship.
more photos uploaded here <a >here</a> and you can light upon me
Send me your Photos
Great compilation. I'd like to add one quote about truth from Thomas Paine as well.
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.”
Image and Source: http://www.quotographed.com/he-who-dares-not-offend-cannot-be-honest/